It's no secret that this week was dominated by two big (to put it mildly) movies: the just-released "Watchmen" and the not-yet-released "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." But that doesn't mean they stole all the headlines. Here's how the week looked on Splash Page:
- The approach of the "Watchmen" release date was heralded by some familiar graffiti, but not everyone looked forward to the film -- just ask Lee Iacocca.
- We gave you a crash course on the Charlton Comics characters that were the inspiration for Alan Moore's "Watchmen," and took you through some of director Zack Snyder's favorite additions and subtractions from his comic book source material.
- For those who want to know what they're in for this weekend with "Watchmen," we gave you the very comics-savvy (seriously -- we're pretty sure he reads more comics than all of us combined) Kurt Loder's review of "Watchmen."
- In celebration of the 10th anniversary of "The Goon," Eric Powell narrated a video tour of the cast of characters from the quirky Dark Horse Comics horror series.
- We also got the first look at new art for the "Street Angel" movie by the series creator, Jim Rugg.
- You had a backstage pass for Ed Brubaker's live-action "Angel of Death" series, courtesy of a set of exclusive, behind-the-scenes photos from the project.
- Finally, "Scott Pilgrim" creator Bryan Lee O'Malley addressed some of the rumors and newfound attention surrounding his series.
And that's the week in a nutshell, folks! Now what are you waiting for? Shouldn't you be in line for "Watchmen" with the rest of the world?