According to AdvancedIron.org, Rourke will indeed be playing an amalgam of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo, melding the super-powered tendrils of the former with the Russian prison background of the latter. Earlier this week, Rourke shed the first rays of light on his role, saying that he chose to speak Russian while playing "Ivan." (This led us to find a few potential connections between his character and that of Scarlett Johansson, too.)
As you can see from the image, Rourke appears to be on location at the Monaco Grand Prix set we told you about last week. While this certainly manages to connect a few plot points from the film, the project still has a fair share of secrets left to ponder. Here are a few of our favorites:
- What's the deal with the mysterious "Rasputin" set?
- What's Tony Stark doing on top of a donut shop?
- If Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer doesn't look like the comics version, what will he look like?
- What about that "risque scene" involving Gwyneth Paltrow?
- How will the love triangle with Black Widow, Pepper Potts and Tony Stark play out?
Keep it locked to Splash Page for more "Iron Man 2" news as it develops!
What do you think of Mickey Rourke's "Iron Man 2" costume? What about the decision to combine two villains for his role?