It was a big week on Splash Page for some of the most-anticipated upcoming films, so let's dispense with the normal introduction and get right to it, okay?
- Even though it was only posted yesterday evening, Ryan Reynolds' revelation (try to say that three times fast) that Deadpool will indeed be wearing his signature costume and be as scarred up as fans want him to be pulled in a massive number of readers this week. In fact, it was the week's top story by a big margin!
... But wait, there's more!
- The first image of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in "Iron Man 2" hit the 'Net this week, and the response was a resounding... sigh? Few seemed to be thrilled with the first look at the new villain, but just about everyone still wants to see what Jon Favreau and Co. have in store for the sequel.
- As always, mention anyone involved with "Twilight" and you're guaranteed a Top 5 story! That's what happened when Cam Gigandet landed a role in the adaptation of popular anime/manga "Priest."
- Eddie Murphy's appearance on "The Tonight Show" and subsequent chat about the ol' Riddler rumors also managed to draw a crowd -- even though none of us ever really believed the rumor.
- A batch of new "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" images arrived here at MTV HQ, and then a lot of visitors dropped by the site to see them. Coincidence? I think not.
- Todd McFarlane told us what role he'd like Leonardo DiCaprio to play in his planned "Spawn" reboot, and we weren't the only ones who thought it was an interesting (if unlikely) pairing.
- Megan Fox finally told us about her character in "Jonah Hex," but to be honest, I don't remember a word she said. I was.... distracted. (Actually, she had some really interesting things to say -- but it's impossible to write anything about her without mentioning how attractive she is.)
- Our post about the "Wanted"-inspired "curving bullets" episode of "MythBusters" received a big boost in the rankings when the cast of the show passed along a link to their followers on Twitter. Thanks, "MythBusters" crew!
That's it for now, folks! See you next week!