It was a holiday week in the U.S., but that didn't mean we were at a loss for comic book and movie news. Here are the week's top stories:
- The announcement that "Watchmen" will be returning to theaters this month caused a big buzz -- enough to make it our top story of the week!
- Samuel L. Jackson told us whether fans can expect to see Nick Fury in action in "Iron Man 2."
- Percy Carey (a.k.a. MF Grimm) interviewed "Batman & Robin" writer Grant Morrison about a variety of comics-related subjects, and the first clip was a shoo-in for the week's top stories. Watch it and you'll know why!
- Zack Snyder told us what to expect in the new director's cut of "Watchmen." Hint: lots of blood.
- We compared Johnny Depp and Christian Bale's "Public Enemies" to DC's upcoming animated feature "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies," and you'd be surprised at the similarities!
- "Deadpool" edged out the "Wolverine" sequel, "X-Men: First Class" and the "Magneto" solo movie as readers' most-wanted X-Men movie. Let's hope Fox is paying attention!
- "Captain America: Reborn" writer Ed Brubaker told us he expects to be part of "The First Avenger" brain trust when Cap heads to the big screen... and there was much rejoicing!
- "Die Hard: Year One" writer Howard Chaykin shared some details about the plot of the upcoming prequel comic, and we gave you the first peek at some of the upcoming covers by Jock and Dave Johnson.
Have a great weekend!