The day has finally arrived when "Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series" lands on shelves, offering fans the chance to bring home The Eleventh Doctor's first season on DVD or Blu-Ray. It's sort of like a holiday, but with more bowtie jokes and a time-traveling police box.
The last few days we've been giving you sneak peeks at the bonus features on the Series Five box set, and even giving away a few sets — accompanied by replicas of the Eleventh Doctor's sonic screwdriver. But today is the big day, so it merits an even bigger giveaway.
Seriously, people — this giveaway is so big it causes me physical pain to even contemplate parting with all this "Doctor Who" stuff.
Here's what the winner will receive:
- One "Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series" DVD box set
- One "Doctor Who Flight Control TARDIS" (sound effects, motion sensors, flashing lights... oh my!)
- One "Doctor Who" Eleventh Doctor action figure (Matt Smith)
- One "Doctor Who" Peter The Winder action figure (fear the Smilers!)
- One "Doctor Who" Eleventh Doctor sonic screwdriver replica (more sound effects!!!)
How do you win these great "Doctor Who" items, you ask? Well, as long as you have a Twitter account, it's easy! (And if you don't have a Twitter account, it's easy to sign up for one. It's worth it, trust me.)
1. Read the official rules.
2. When this post goes out on the official MTV Splash Page Twitter account, retweet the full message ("Win a Doctor Who: Series 5 box set & prize pack! Read & RT to win: http://ow.ly/36ukp
#doctorwho") to all of your own followers.
3. At 1 PM EST tomorrow (Wednesday, November 10), I'll randomly select a winner from everyone who RTed the message. Keep in mind: You must be following @MTVSplashPage to win, as I need to be able to direct-message the winning account.
Simple enough? Then... GERONIMO!!!
Oh, and just in case you need a little added incentive, here are some images of the prizes (click on the thumbnails to enlarge each image):
"Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series" arrives on DVD and Blu-Ray today (Tuesday, November 9). Many thanks to BBC and BBC America for offering up all these great items. Make sure to tune in to "Doctor Who" when it returns to television!
Oh, and keep it locked to Splash Page for more "Doctor Who" info, interviews, and reviews as the series continues in television and comics — because I can't get enough of the show and I'm bringing you along for the ride.